Monday, May 3, 2010

A New Adventure

Under the watchful eyes of Dr. Choi and the NICU nurses I got to hold Christopher for the first time ever tonight.  He has done very well on his cpap so far and he was holding his sat's high, so they offered my first chance and of course I took it!!  It was difficult moving all his tubes and wires around with him but I at least got to hold him for about 10 minutes.  He seemed to take it well, holding his own the whole time.  I think even Dr. Choi was surprised as he came by twice just to see how he did.  Usually they would never let a baby on cpap vent and also so small be held, but I've been a "pedestal" in there.  I think they all wanted to give me that chance.  Thank you to the NICU staff, Sandy and Dr. Choi for all they have done.

3 comments:

  1. oh kristi that is the most wonderful news ive ever heard. Im crying with joy at that pic. Im sooooo happy for you. its so awesome to see. Im just totally overcome. There is just maybe a light at he end of the tunnel. But the prayers will continue. wow i just dont know what to say its brilliant god bless you

    ReplyDelete
  2. To pinch the words of a well known Steve Winwood track- "While You See A Chance" you took it and to agree with my mate Wolfy(for once-lol)I'm overcome too,they say a pic is worth a 1000 words well if thats the case hooray coz once again I'm stuck for words but this time for a good - better make that GREAT reason.

    Well done All especially the little guy which is making this dream come true

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I didnt say in my post-would love to see that pic from a different angle to see your face here would be another priceless moment Kristi :-)

    ReplyDelete